Thursday, May 10, 2012

Can I get my sweet tooth pulled because that thing has got to GO!!

My name is Danielle. And I have a problem.  That problem is sweets.  If there is cake available to be ordered or if it is in my house or at someones house, I will eat a piece.  Sorry, weakness! It's okay to splurge sometimes but it seems that everywhere I go there is cake.  So I have decided starting today...after I had a few bites of chocolate fudge cake from Ruby's in Lafayette (delicious!), that I need to give it up and only have it on special occasions (weddings, birthdays, and when I really think I deserve it and have earned it).  It's going to be a major obstacle but my goals are bigger than my obsession with cake.  I'm trying to get a 6-pack and really get back to eating completely clean.  For those of you who don't understand what eating clean means, here ya go.  This is where you eat unprocessed foods.  Mainly lean meats, vegetables, fruits, and complex carbs; the goal, to get myself in tiptop shape.  I'll let you all know how this works out for me and vow to be completely honest.  Here goes nothing!

I have been doing a great deal of research on supplements and whether they are truly worth it and if so which ones are best.  I will be giving you all feedback on my findings and ones recommended, if any.  My current experiment I am starting is the use of protein shakes.  So far in this round of weight loss I haven't used any protein powders except for the occasional protein bar when I had to grab some breakfast on the go.  I really prefer to get my protein from actual food; however, a lot of times in the morning I am in a rush and need something on the go. This is where protein powders would fit in perfect.  I talked to my bodybuilder friend, Eric, at the gym today and he doesn't recommend protein powders for women because "they'll make you retain water." However, I am not sure if I agree with this.  My first round of weight loss I drank protein shakes around 4 days a week and I didn't find I retained water.  Also, I've been reading new research that says that women process protein the same as men; therefore, only replenishing their muscles of the protein lost after their workouts which is it's purpose.  Bottom line: I am going to test this for myself! On my arm days I will be drinking whey protein powder blended milk (either low fat or coconut milk) and ice and find out for myself how my body does with it.

Eric recommended to me that I try "Black Powder." I have a problem being really tired in the morning and need a little more energy for my workouts.  This is a nitric oxide powder that gives you that extra oomph to get through your workouts.  I am not recommending anyone try this...it is something I want to experiment with a couple times a week to see if my workouts improve any.  I will keep you all updated on my progress and if this, in my opinion, helped me at all. 

My workouts on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays consist of Legs, Butt and Cardio exercises.  Today I will cover my leg routine which is a mix of machines and plyometrics.  Do whatever amount of sets and reps that fits your body.  For my body, I usually do between 8-12 reps and 2-3 sets depending on the weight and how sore I am from my previous workouts. Like I said this is what my body best responds to.  Everyone is different and your body will respond differently than mine might.
Warm up:  Treadmill Speed walk/Run 6 minutes
Legs/Butt:
Machines-
Calf Extensions, Seated Leg Curls, Leg Extensions, Seated Leg Press, Hip Adduction, and Hip Abductions.
**If you have never worked out on these machines please read the instructions or ask someone for help.  Injuries are not worth it!
Plyo/ Free Style Leg Routine:
**Do whatever you like and for me starting with the exercise I hate most (mountain climbers and burpees) gets it over with and I can't make the excuse of I'm too tired to do them.
Lunges- (walking lunges (with or without weight) as you lunge forward bring yourself back to the start position putting pressure on your heel that in front. 
Calf Raises
Wall Sit
Burpees
High Knees
Sumo Squat
Mountain Climbers
Ice Skaters
Agility Dots
Side Leg Raises
Donkey Kicks
http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/How-to-get-Legs-like-Carrie-Underwood-Carrie-Underwood-Workout-Routine/7d/
I modeled my routine from Carrie Underwood's workouts from this site.  It will give you videos and pictures how to properly do everything.

I will be going running after work today. Plan on trying to get to a 10 minute mile and do about 2.5-3 miles today. 

My recipe for today is Roasted Asparagus.
Bushel of Asparagus
Olive oil
Minced Garlic
Sea Salt
Pepper
Fresh Lemon
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
Wash and snap your asparagus (hold each end with hands and bend into you until the asparagus snaps, breaking the tough woody part of the stem and leaving you with the tender, edible part)
Line a baking pan with tin foil and spread out asparagus on pan. 
Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, garlic, and pepper.  Squeeze lemon juice all over asparagus.  Turn asparagus in pan coating every part of the asparagus.
Place in oven and bake 8-14 minutes. 
**I prefer crunchier asparagus; so, I only cook mine for 8-10 minutes. 
Eat with grilled chicken done on the George Foreman (I season my chicken with sea salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne).  Walla! Dinner in under 20 minutes!

One last note! Everyone please don't stress out over food.  You want to eat to live and not live to eat, yes, but healthy food can still be very enjoyable! If you cheat (like I did with the cake today) don't stress.  Just do better the rest of the day and try to be good for the rest of the week.  Take it from me, it is so easy to develop anorexic tendencies.  If you want it bad enough, let yourself have it, but have a small portion and be done with it.  Don't keep it in your house if it's a problem and if you have children or a significant other that keeps it in the house, count it as a test, just think of your motivator or your goal body.  Practice self control... you CAN say no to the cake, chips, brownies, or whatever! Food Journal!  I can't stress it enough! You are your worst critic and you don't want your conscience coming after you! He's as bad as Mr. Will Power!

Happy Working out this week and remember abs are made in the kitchen! (70% food - 30% workout) I love your faces!
Danni

P.S.  Here is my goal you are welcome to steal.  Anytime I don't want to workout or eat unhealthy I look at her picture, Everyone meet Fitness Model: Kim Dolan Leto

No comments:

Post a Comment